Information about flying from Finland to Delhi
Direct flights from Helsinki Airport (HEL) to Delhi (DEL)
Finnair flies from Helsinki to Delhi several times a week. The overall flight time is about seven hours.
Departure Destination Number of daily flights up to Timetable Helsinki Airport (HEL) Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) 3
From Helsinki city centre to Helsinki Airport
Helsinki Airport is located approximately 20 kilometres from the centre of Helsinki.
Finnair City Bus departs every 20 minutes from Helsinki city centre to Helsinki Airport. The trip takes about 25 minutes.
You can also reach Helsinki city centre by using public transportation: buses number 615 and 620 operate regularly between Helsinki Airport and Helsinki. For public transportation schedules, visit the Helsinki Region Transport journey planner.
Information on Finnair flights to Delhi
- Flight time from Helsinki to Delhi with Finnair: 6 hours 45 minutes
- Distance from Helsinki to Delhi: 5,212 km
- Aircraft: Finnair flies to Delhi with Airbus A340–300 series airplanes
Today, #dt#, Hi #tempMax#°C Lo #tempMin#°C
- Book The maximum number of passengers is eight. Please, contact the Finnair Call Center if the passenger number exceeds eight.Please enter a valid return city.Please enter a valid departure city.Please enter a valid departure date.Please enter a valid return date.Please login to use your Plus PointsYour destination must be different from your origin.We could not find any recommendation for your search.An error occurred while sending the data. Please try later again.
Planning a dream trip around the world? Finnair and oneworld airlines make it easy. Find and book round-the-world deals online. Try it now!
Finnair Car Rental is powered by Cartrawler.
Cartrawler offers the largest selection of car rental options from over 800 leading and independent car rental suppliers in 174 countries.
The contract for your car hire is directly with our partner Cartrawler and separate to the Finnair flight booking.Continue
- Manage Booking
Meals and drinks on your flight to Delhi
Flight from Helsinki to Delhi
- Complimentary meals with free-of-charge non-alcoholic drinks, beer, and wine.
- Other alcoholic beverages available for purchase at all other times.
- We also have a variety of snacks available for purchase at any time. See our snack menu.
- If you have any special dietary requirements, please let us know in advance, and we will provide you with a special meal.
Services during the flight to Delhi
Newspapers are free of charge for both Economy and Business Class passengers on Finnair flights from Helsinki to Delhi. Finnair’s monthly in-flight magazine Blue Wings is reserved for every passenger.
Both Economy and Business Class seats on our Airbus A340–300 aircraft used on our flights to Delhi are equipped with a personal entertainment system and video screen. Additionally, every seat has a power socket that allows you to charge your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
You can listen to a broad selection of music across 24 different channels using headphones, or choose to watch a variety of films and TV shows available during your flight. Our wide selection of in-flight entertainment is updated every month.
Arriving at Delhi
Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport
Indira Gandhi International Airport is located 14 kilometres southwest of Delhi. The Delhi Metro is one of the fastest ways to commute in Delhi. Buses are the most common and cheapest way to travel around the city.
Finnair lounge at Delhi Airport
You will find Finnair’s lounge, the Plaza Premium Lounge located in Terminal 3 in the departure hall at level 4. The lounge is available to Finnair Plus Platinum members, Finnair Plus Gold members, Finnair Plus Silver members, Finnair Club members and Business Class passengers. Read more about Finnair lounges.
Transferring within terminals at Delhi Airport
All Finnair flights arrive at and depart from Terminal 3. The nearest terminal entrance is number 6.
If you are transferring between oneworld airlines and already have your boarding pass, you can proceed directly to your departure gate.
If you are connecting from an international flight to a domestic flight, you are required to collect your luggage and clear passport control before proceeding to the domestic check-in area.
Good to know before your flight
The most important thing to remember before your flight is to ensure that your passport and visas are valid throughout your whole journey; many countries require that your passport is valid for three to six months after your trip has ended.
When booking your flight, always ensure that your name is spelled the same way on both your flight ticket and passport. Take a look at our checklist before your flight for more information.