Entry requirements to Hong Kong
The Hong Kong authorities have introduced new requirements for passengers arriving in Hong Kong as of 16 June 2020. Kindly see more about these requirements and related links to acquire more information.
First published on 26 June 2020
- You are required to fill out Passenger Locator (PLF) and quarantine forms. The Hong Kong health authorities recommend that you do this electronically earliest 48h prior to arrival via this link.
- Also, you will be tested for COVID-19 upon arrival.
- You need to stay in 14 days quarantine in a hotel after arriving in Hong Kong. Quarantine is with your own expense and you need to provide a confirmation of room reservation. Please note that for example accommodation in Airbnb, hostel, service apartment, or staying with a friend is not allowed. If you live in Hong Kong, it is allowed to stay home during the quarantine.
- There are restrictions in place for foreigners arriving in Hong Kong, for example, EU-nationals are not allowed entry currently unless holding residence permits.
- Customers who have been in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, South Africa, Kazakhstan or in the USA in the past 14 days must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) test result that has been issued maximum 72 hours before flight departure. The certificate must be in Chinese or English and bear the name of the customer and his/her identity card or passport number. Customers will also need to provide a confirmation of a room reservation in Hong Kong for at least 14 days starting on the day of arrival. These documents need to be shown to the airline agent before being accepted on the flight and to the authorities on arrival.
Transferring via Hong Kong to other international destinations is allowed, if:
- your flight to Hong Kong and your connecting flight from Hong Kong, are included in the same ticket (separate tickets are not allowed).
- you have boarding passes to all flights printed at the check-in counter of your departure airport, and your baggage is checked through until the final destination.
- the maximum connection time is 24h.
- you are eligible to enter at your destination country (the country's COVID-19 restrictions and travel document requirements are fulfilled).
- you do not have an onward flight to mainland China (connecting flights to mainland China are currently only allowed for passengers holding Diplomatic passports).
- Transferring via Hong Kong from mainland China to other countries is currently allowed if other requirements mentioned above are fulfilled.
If your travel plans change due to the travel restrictions, please check your options here.
Entry restrictions might be subject to change on short notice. All customers are responsible for ensuring that they are allowed entry into the country they are travelling from, to or are in transit through.
Latest entry restrictions can be found via the IATA website and appropriate consulate or embassy.