Choose your account type
Join Finnair Plus and enjoy exclusive offers and benefits at home and abroad, or create a Finnair Account for faster flight bookings and easy access to all your info on Finnair.com.
|Feature||Finnair Account||Finnair Plus|
|Save your personal details for faster bookings||Included||Included|
|See all your upcoming flights at a glance||Included||Included|
|Manage your preferences||Included||Included|
|Earn Finnair Plus points and use them on flights, travel class upgrades and more||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy exclusive member offers, best flight deals and event invitations||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy offers and benefits with our over 150 partners around the world||Excluded||Included|
Name change is possible, if stated in the PE section in the fare rule, only before departure of the first flight. Ticket must be completely unused.
- When combined fares, the most restrictive name change rule applies.
- Fake names are not permitted and PNRs will be cancelled automatically.
- Allowed on AY and Norra operated AY flights.
- Name change must be requested by the original passenger or in some cases by the person who made the booking (e.g. secretary or travel assistant).
- If name is changed, chargeable services such as extra baggage and seat are lost.
- Only Finnair can update the name element.
- The charge for name change/correction is collected with EMD-S in the markets where EMD is available.
Name change fees
The fee is based on origin of travel and can be converted to local currency if the EMD document is issued outside the country from the origin of travel.
|Europe (travel within Europe)||EUR 75|
|Europe (travel outside Europe)||EUR 200|
|South Korea||EUR 75/200|
|Hong Kong||EUR 75/200|
|the United Arab Emirates||EUR 75/200|
EMD Reason for issuance code & sub code (EMD-S): D/115
Service code for Amadeus users: NAME
If service is issued in other GDS than in Amadeus, add EMD number in PNR:
OS AY EMD 1058201141535 NAME CHANGE FEE
Flights to US
Inform customer on ESTA and Advance Passenger Information deadlines:
- The DHS recommends that you submit your ESTA application through the CBP website no less than 72 hours prior to travel.
- Finnair is obligated to send passenger information to the TSA no later than 72 hours before flight departure or if a reservation is made within 72 hours of departure, immediately. If Finnair does not get security clearance for a particular passenger on time, the passenger is not allowed to board the flight.
Name change procedure – Step by step
1. Travel agent collects the Name Change Fee on EMD-S NAME
a. Creation of SVC element:
--- TSM ---
2 SVC AY HK1 NAME
b. Create TSM-P:
Add fee, coupon value & form of payment:
TMI/F50/CV-50/FP-CASH (if name change of FI domestic ticket TMI/F45.45/X4.55YFGO/CV-45.45/FP-CASH)
Add issued in connection with information:
c. Issue EMD
2. Travel agent contacts Finnair. If the PNR includes FQTV, the FQTV line needs to be removed before name change. AY adds an FO line for name change, deletes the FA line and changes the passenger name element. AY also adds SSR CKIN “Name changed from xxxx to xxxx dd.mm.yy”
3. Travel agent adds “Name change” to the FE element and prepares TST for reissue.
4. Travel agent issues a new ticket against the original ticket.
3rd PARTY PNR (Galileo/Sabre etc.)
1. Travel agent creates a new PNR, original booking class may be used.
2. Travel Agent collects the Name Change Fee on EMD and inserts document number in an OSI element. Element to be used depends on GDS.
3. Travel agent prices the PNR, old fare can be used (manual pricing permitted).
4. In case of manual pricing
- Travel agent adds “original first issue DDMMMYY” to the FE element.
- AY adds authorization: SR OTHS ZZ-MANUAL PRICING DUE TO NAME CHG AUTH BY XX.
5. Travel agent issues a new ticket, cancels the original booking and informs AY of it.
6. AY adds an SSR CKIN “Name changed from xxxx to xxxx dd.mm.yy.
The feedback form is used to improve our website. Please note that we are unable to answer contact requests made via this form. Please do not share any sensitive personal information in this form.