Entry requirements to the UK
The UK authorities have introduced requirements for customers arriving in the country.
Please note that travel restrictions are subject to change on a short notice. As a traveller you are always responsible for ensuring that you fulfill the requirements of your destination and possible transit country. You can find the latest entry restrictions here.
If you will arrive in the UK from abroad after 4am, 18 March, you do not need to:
- take any COVID-19 tests – before you travel or after you arrive
- fill in a UK passenger locator form before you travel
This will apply whether you are vaccinated or not. You also will not need to quarantine when you arrive. If you will arrive in the UK before 4am, 18 March, you must follow the current rules, listed below.
- You are required to complete an online Passenger Locator Form (PLF) within 3 days before travelling to, or transiting via, the UK via this page. This requirement does not apply when you are traveling via the UK and remain in the airside transit area of the airport. You need to declare all countries you have visited or transited through in the 10 days prior to your arrival on your PLF. You also need to upload confirmation of your booking for the post-arrival test(s) (mandatory for some travellers) and vaccination information unless you are transiting via the UK to a third country.
- Please take with you a print or a screenshot of the PLF confirmation document, that you receive via email once you have completed the online PLF-form. You will be required to show the print/screenshot to the airline agent at the gate and to the authorities upon arrival.
- You are required to hold a negative coronavirus PCR test result taken earliest 2 days before departure to the UK. This requirement applies to all travellers aged of 18 and above who are not fully vaccinated and are entering or travelling via the UK to a third country. Exemptions for unvaccinated children apply. You can find more information about the exemptions as well as the accepted test types and details required in the certificate here and you can find details on the accepted vaccination programs and certificate requirements here.
- As of 11 February 2022, if you are fully vaccinated and traveling to London, Manchester or Edinburgh (Scotland), you are not required to pre-purchase a post-arrival coronavirus PCR-test package.
Information on possible work-related exemptions to the pre-purchased test package can be found here. If you are exempted from the pre-purchased test package due to your work, you must indicate this in your PLF and you must have documentary evidence of being eligible for an exemption.
If you have visited or transited through a red-listed country in the last 10 days, entry restrictions apply. You can read more information here.
As of 11 February 2022, if you are not fully vaccinated and you are arriving in the UK from a non-red country and you have not visited or transited in a red country during the last 10 days, you do not need to self-quarantine or take a day 8 test after arriving in the UK. However, you still need to pre-purchase a post-arrival test for day 2.
You can find the latest entry restrictions via the destination country's government website, or from the applicable Embassy or Consulate.
Check your options here, if your travel plans change due to the travel restrictions.