Upgrade your travel class with points
Add a touch of luxury with
a travel class upgrade
Use your Finnair Plus points to make your trip even more comfortable and luxurious – when you upgrade your travel class with points, you pay for Economy Class tickets but travel in Business Class.
Enjoy the following benefits when you upgrade:
- You can use Business Class check-in desks
- You can take one extra bag
- You can use the Priority Security lane
- You can access the Finnair Lounge*
- You travel comfortably in Finnair Business Class
Summer benefit for Finnair Plus members
Travel class upgrades for Finnair Plus members now for less online or with our mobile application.
Northern Europe: 5,000 points (norm. 7,500 points)
Elsewhere in Europe and the Middle East: 8,000 points (norm. 10,000 points)
Sales period: 5 May–4 August 2015.
Travel period: until further notice.
Normal travel class upgrade rules apply. The offer applies to upgrades made on the Finnair website or through our mobile application. The offer does not apply to upgrades made via the customer service.
|Region||Point charge for one-way flight|
|Rest of Europe**||
|Thailand, China, India, South Korea, Vietnam and North America||50,000|
|Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore||60,000|
*Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Moscow, Oslo, Stockholm, Vilnius and Warsaw.
**Business Class may not be available on all European routes.
See rules and restrictions
- Travel class upgrades are only available for scheduled Finnair flights.
- Travel class upgrades are not available for Finnair Plus award flights or Money+Points offers.
- Upgrades can be used by Finnair Plus members, their close relatives or persons living in the same household.
- The corresponding number of points or Gold and Platinum member benefit upgrades will be debited from the account when booking the award.
- Travel class upgrades can only be done after the Economy Class reservation has been confirmed and the flight ticket has been issued.
- Upgrades may not be confirmed until a few days before the flight, depending on the availability of seats on the aircraft.
- A travel class upgrade has no effect on the rules governing Economy Class tickets.
- In case of rerouting, the passenger will travel in Economy Class.
- Economy Class points are always awarded according to the original booking class for an Economy Class flight ticket.
- Only a limited number of seats are available for travel-class upgrade booking classes.
- Travel class upgrades are not available at specified times and on certain routes.
Make a request for a travel class upgrade
- If you wish to redeem an upgrade award for other persons in the same reservation, please enter the names of the persons to the field 'Additional information'.
- In urgent matters please contact the Finnair Plus Service Center by phone, tel. + 358 9 818 888