Self service check-in kiosk
It’s quick and easy to check in for your entire journey using the self-service check-in kiosks at the airport.
Which flights does the service apply to?
- Finnair flights departing from Amsterdam, Beijing, Brussels, Budapest, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Geneva, Gothenburg, Helsinki, Hong Kong, London, Manchester, Munich, Oulu, Prague, St. Petersburg, Stockholm-Arlanda, Tallinn, Vienna, Warsaw and Zürich.
Please note that you cannot check-in at a self-service kiosk for code-share flights operated by Finnair’s partner airlines or Finnair charter flights departing from airports other than Helsinki.
How to check in
By following the detailed on-screen instructions it’s quick and easy to check in for your entire journey. You can choose your seat or confirm a pre-booked seat, and you can also enter your Finnair Plus membership number if necessary. Once you’re done, the machine will print your boarding pass and you can get on with your journey. At some airports, including Helsinki, Oulu and Stockholm Arlanda, the machine will also print your bag tags.
Watch the video to see how you can check yourself on a Finnair flight using the check-in kiosks at the airport:
If you only have carry-on baggage, you can go directly to security control. If you have baggage to check in, you can leave it at the Bag Drop desk during your flight’s check-in period. See check-in times
At Helsinki Airport you can also leave your bags at the Self-service Bag Drop and make your way through the airport even faster.
Watch the video to see how to use the Bag Drop desks.
Self-service Bag Drop
There are Self-service Bag Drops at Helsinki and Oulu airports.
Print the bag tag at the self-service kiosk.
Go to the Self-service Bag Drop.
Place the tagged bag on the belt.
Scan your boarding pass.
Scan the bag tag with the hand-held scanner. Send the bag into the baggage system.
Locations of self-service check-in kiosks
- All airports mentioned above
- Hilton Helsinki Airport hotel, next to Terminal 2
- The departure hall for the Arlanda Express at Stockholm Central Station and the Cityterminalen bus station in Stockholm city centre
- Copenhagen railway station
- Kowloon railway station, Hong Kong City