Information about flying from Finland to Bangkok
Direct flights from Helsinki Airport (HEL) to Bangkok (BKK)
Finnair flies from Helsinki to Bangkok every day of the week. The overall flight time is about ten hours.
Departure Destination Number of daily flights up to Timetable Helsinki Airport (HEL) Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) 3
From Helsinki city centre to Helsinki Airport
Helsinki Airport is located approximately 20 kilometres from the centre of Helsinki.
Finnair City Bus departs every 20 minutes from Helsinki city centre to Helsinki Airport. The trip takes about 25 minutes.
You can also reach Helsinki city centre by using public transportation: buses number 615 and 620 operate regularly between Helsinki Airport and Helsinki. For public transportation schedules, visit the Helsinki Region Transport journey planner.
Information on Finnair flights to Bangkok
- Flight time from Helsinki to Bangkok with Finnair: 9 hours 45 minutes
- Distance from Helsinki to Bangkok: 7,912 km
- Aircraft: Finnair flies to Bangkok with Airbus A340–300 series airplanes
- Finnair flight level on flights to Bangkok: Level 4 (a specific barometric pressure, expressed as a nominal altitude in hundreds of feet)
Meals and drinks on your flight to Bangkok
Flight from Helsinki to Bangkok
- Complimentary meals with free-of-charge non-alcoholic drinks, beer, and wine.
- Other alcoholic beverages available for purchase at all other times.
- We also have a variety of snacks available for purchase at any time. See our snack menu.
- If you have any special dietary requirements, please let us know in advance, and we will provide you with a special meal.
Services during the flight to Bangkok
Newspapers are free of charge for both Economy and Business Class passengers on Finnair flights from Helsinki to Bangkok. Finnair’s monthly in-flight magazine Blue Wings is reserved for every passenger.
Both Economy and Business Class seats on our Airbus A340–300 aircraft used on our flights to Bangkok are equipped with a personal entertainment system and video screen. Additionally, every seat has a power socket that allows you to charge your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
You can listen to a broad selection of music across 24 different channels using headphones, or choose to watch a variety of films and TV shows available during your flight. Our wide selection of in-flight entertainment is updated every month.
Arriving at Bangkok
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport
The buzzing Suvarnabhumi International Airport is located approximately 42 kilometres east of Bangkok. You can choose from a number of airport shuttle buses, public transportation and taxis to take you from Suvarnabhumi International Airport to the city centre.
Finnair lounge at Bangkok Airport
You will find Finnair’s lounge, the Louis Tavern Cip First and Business Class Lounges located in Concourse G, levels 3 and 4, after passport control, opposite gates G1 and G2. The lounge is available to Finnair Plus Platinum members, Finnair Plus Gold members, Finnair Plus Silver members, Finnair Club members and Business Class passengers. Read more about Finnair lounges.
Transferring within terminals at Bangkok Airport
All oneworld airlines arrive at and depart from concourses E, F and G. Finnair flights are operated from Level 4.
If you are transferring between oneworld airlines and already have your boarding pass, you can proceed directly to your departure gate. For transfer assistance, contact the oneworld transfer counter located at the intersection of concourses D, E, F and G.
It takes approximately 15–20 minutes to walk between concourses E, F and G and around 45–60 minutes to transfer between the international and domestic terminals.
If you are connecting from an international flight to a domestic flight, you are required to collect your luggage and clear passport control before proceeding to the domestic check-in area.
Good to know before your flight
The most important thing to remember before your flight is to ensure that your passport and visas are valid throughout your whole journey; many countries require that your passport is valid for three to six months after your trip has ended.
When booking your flight, always ensure that your name is spelled the same way on both your flight ticket and passport. Take a look at our checklist before your flight for more information.
Check in for your flight in Bangkok
Today, #dt#, Hi #tempMax#°C Lo #tempMin#°C
- Book The maximum number of passengers is eight. Please, contact the Finnair Call Center if the passenger number exceeds eight.Please enter a valid return city.Please enter a valid departure city.Please enter a valid departure date.Please enter a valid return date.Please login to use your Plus PointsYour destination must be different from your origin.We could not find any recommendation for your search.An error occurred while sending the data. Please try later again.
Planning a dream trip around the world? Finnair and oneworld airlines make it easy. Find and book round-the-world deals online. Try it now!
Finnair Car Rental is powered by Cartrawler.
Cartrawler offers the largest selection of car rental options from over 800 leading and independent car rental suppliers in 174 countries.
The contract for your car hire is directly with our partner Cartrawler and separate to the Finnair flight booking.Continue
- Manage Booking