Can I take an infant or car seat on board?
Yes, you can. You can take an age-appropriate child restraint device (an infant seat or infant car seat) on board all Finnair scheduled flights, provided that your child is under two years and you have reserved them a seat on the aircraft. If you would like to bring an infant or car seat on board, please contact the Finnair Customer Care Center.
For further information, see Children.
What expenses will you reimburse if my baggage is delayed?
If your baggage is delayed on route to a destination other than your place of residence and it has been necessary for you to purchase items because of this delay, you may apply for reimbursement for those items. If you want to apply for compensation for your baggage, you should send us a written request within 21 days of receiving your baggage. You can use our feedback form to send the request. Please keep all the documents for future reference.
What is Finnair's liability for baggage?
Please see Conditions of carriage and notices.
How much baggage can I take?
For information concerning baggage – such as carry-on baggage allowance, checked baggage allowance, and the carriage of pets and sports equipment – please see Baggage.
What should I do if my baggage is damaged?
- The purpose of your suitcase is to protect its contents from being damaged. Handling of baggage is performed mechanically, and the airline is not responsible for normal wear that does not affect the bag’s usability.
- Please report any other kind of damage to the airport’s Arrival Service desk. If you notice the damage later on, please send us a written notification of it by email no later than seven days after receiving the baggage. You will then be given a damage report number and further instructions.
- After completing the damage report, you can request compensation from your insurance company or Finnair. You can use our feedback form to send the request. Please keep all the documents and the damaged baggage for future reference.
What should I do if my baggage is lost?
- If your baggage doesn’t arrive on the same flight with you, please contact the Arrival Service desk in the arrivals hall. Delayed baggage is usually found within a few days.
- You can follow the situation and provide more specific information about your baggage via the WorldTracer service. You can log in to the service by using the reference number on your lost baggage report and your last name (for example HELAY12345 and MIETTINEN).
- In case your baggage has not been found within 72 hours, it’s important that you provide us with more specific information by filling in the additional information form. Please send the form to us by email.
- As soon as we find your baggage, we’ll contact you for the delivery arrangements.
- You can find the phone number for the local Arrival Desk in your lost baggage report. Contact information in Finland: email@example.com or +358 800 988 08 (open 7 a.m.–9 p.m.).
- If you want to apply for compensation for your baggage, you should send us a written request within 21 days of receiving your baggage. You can use our feedback form to send the request. Please keep all the documents for future reference.
Are animals carried in the cabin or in the hold?
Small pets – such as cats, dogs and rodents – can be carried in the cabin, with certain restrictions. On leisure flights, all pets must travel in the hold, with the exception of guide dogs.
For more information, please see Pets.
How are children's pushchairs transported?
Normally, pushchairs travel in the hold of the aircraft and you should check in your pushchair at the check-in desk. You can obtain protective plastic from the check-in desks at Helsinki Airport, which you can use to pack your pushchair or other large items of baggage. At Helsinki Airport, you can also borrow a pushchair, which you can use to take your child all the way to the departure gate.
What restrictions are there on the transport of dangerous goods?
For information about prohibited and restricted goods, and baggage that requires special handling, see Dangerous goods.
What can I take in my carry-on baggage?
For information concerning carry-on baggage restrictions, see Carry-on baggage.