Add some peace of mind to your flight by selecting your preferred seat in advance when booking your flight or afterwards by using Manage Booking. You can also reserve your seat by contacting our customer service or your travel agent. If you’ve bought your flights from a tour operator, you can select your seat via the charter flights travel extras page.
Charges depend on travel class, seat type, ticket type, length of your flight and your frequent flyer status.
Seat types and prices
New! Economy Comfort
- Economy Comfort seats are located on the first five rows in the Economy Class cabin and they will be available on all our intercontinental flights from 15 December 2014 onwards.
- At least 7 cm of extra legroom, high-quality headphones and personal amenity kits plus priority boarding and fast exit from the plane.
- Seats are located on exit rows; therefore the passenger must be eligible to sit on an exit row seat. Please note that not all exit row seats offer extra legroom – be sure to select the seat marked “extra legroom”.
- Offer up to 127 cm of legroom on short-haul and 140 cm on long-haul flights.
- Seats are in the front row of each cabin section.
- Some of the front row seats in the rear cabin are also suitable for cot/bassinet.
Window or aisle
- Standard seats when you want to make sure you get a window or aisle seat or sit together with your travel companions.
You can select a seat free of charge in the following cases:
- You’re travelling with a Business Class ticket.
- You’re travelling with a PRO/fully flexible ticket.
- You’re travelling with a Finnair Plus award ticket (window/aisle seats).
- You’re a Finnair Plus Platinum or Gold member.
- You’re travelling to or from a Finnair destination in Japan (window/aisle and front row seats).
- You are a oneworld Emerald or Sapphire member (reservations through Finnair Customer service).
Unaccompanied minors and passengers with reduced mobility are seated free of charge. Please contact Finnair Customer service.
If you haven’t reserved a seat in advance, you can still choose your seat free of charge at check-in from those that are still available. Online check-in opens 36 hours before departure.
If you are travelling with children and you decide not to reserve seats in advance, we'll do it for you 3 days before departure to make sure each child is seated at least with one adult from your group.
Make your travel experience with Finnair even more peaceful – select your seat today!
Note: You can reserve a seat in advance for a flight operated and marketed by Finnair (the flight number in the ticket starts with AY and the ticket number starts with 105). If you cannot reserve a seat in advance, choose your seat at check-in.
Terms and conditions
A requested seat cannot be guaranteed, as it may need to be changed for operational, safety or security reasons.
Passengers sitting on exit row seats must be at least 12 years old, speak and understand English or Finnish and they must be able to open the exit door if needed and assist the crew.
The fee is non-refundable if you cancel the flight, are involuntarily upgraded, or in case you are not suitable to sit in the seat type selected.
The fee may be refunded if you use your Finnair Plus points or an upgrade voucher to upgrade your travel class, or if you cannot be seated in the reserved seat or in a suitable alternative seat due to Finnair.
Changes of dates are possible according to the terms and conditions of your ticket. If you have reserved a paid seat and you change your flight times in accordance with your fare rules, you need to reserve your paid seat again for the new flight. You may then apply for a refund of the costs of the seat reservation on the original flight.