Here are some useful tips to help you prepare for your journey.
- Check that your passport and visas are up-to-date. You must have a valid passport for your whole journey; many countries even require that your passport is valid for three to six months after your trip has ended. You are also responsible for ensuring that you have a valid visa, if it's required. Read more.
- Ensure that your name is spelled the same way on your flight ticket and passport.
- Advance Passenger Information is required when travelling to, from or via the US. Read more.
- Make sure we have your current mobile number so that we can keep you updated about the details of your flight. You can update your phone number in Manage booking.
- We recommend that you have travel insurance for your own peace of mind buy travel insurance.
- If you have a disability and need assistance during your journey, please let us know well before you travel. Read more.
- If you have special dietary requirements, let us know in advance and we will provide you with a special meal. Please submit your order no later than 24 hours before departure, or 48 hours before departure on Finnair charter flight. Read more.
- Select your preferred seat in advance free of charge or for a small fee, depending on your ticket type. Read more.
- Check in for your flight using online check-in up to 36 hours before your flight's departure time. If you haven’t reserved a seat in advance, you can choose your seat from those that are still available, free of charge. See Manage booking.
- Allow yourself enough time to leave your baggage on bag drop and to go through the airport security checks, as you may have to queue, particularly at peak times. Check the minimum check-in times.
- If your trip includes a connecting flight check the minimum connecting times between flights. Allow yourself enough time, especially if the flights have been issued on separate tickets.
Relax and enjoy your journey!
See also Tips for packing.