Add a touch of luxury with
a travel class
Use your Finnair Plus points to make your trip even more comfortable and luxurious – when you upgrade your travel class with points, you pay for Economy Class tickets but travel in Business Class.
- You can use Business Class check-in desks
- You can take one extra bag
- You can use the Priority Security lane
- You can access the Finnair Lounge*
- You travel comfortably in Finnair Business Class
|Region||Point charge for one-way flight|
*Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Moscow, Oslo, Stockholm, Vilnius and Warsaw.
**Business Class may not be available on all European routes.
|Rest of Europe**||10,000|
Thailand, China, India, South Korea, Vietnam
and North America
|Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore||60,000|
See rules and restriction
- Travel class upgrades are only available for scheduled Finnair flights.
- Travel class upgrades are not available for Finnair Plus award flights or Money+Points offers.
- Upgrades can be used by Finnair Plus members, their close relatives or persons living in the same household.
- The corresponding number of points or Gold and Platinum member benefit upgrades will be debited from the account when booking the award.
- Travel class upgrades can only be done by the Finnair Plus Service Center after the Economy Class reservation has been confirmed and the flight ticket has been issued.
- Upgrades may not be confirmed until a few days before the flight, depending on the availability of seats on the aircraft.
- A travel class upgrade has no effect on the rules governing Economy Class tickets.
- In case of rerouting, the passenger will travel in Economy Class.
- Economy Class points are always awarded according to the original booking class for an Economy Class flight ticket.
- Only a limited number of seats are available for travel-class upgrade booking classes.
- Travel class upgrades are not available at specified times and on certain routes.
How to upgrade your travel class
If you haven’t booked flights yet, check the upgrade availability for your desired route and make your booking. After that, you can request a travel class upgrade conveniently online.
Travel class upgrades are available on scheduled Finnair flights (AY-code on the ticket and the flight is operated by Finnair or Flybe). The original ticket must be issued.
* Finnair’s lounge services at Helsinki Airport are being renewed. Following the remodelling, the current Finnair Lounge and Lounge 2 will be joined as one, over 1000m2 space with room for 250 customers.
To speed up the completion of the new lounge, the Finnair lounges above gates 23–26 will not be in use during the renovation starting 1 July. The renovation is estimated to be completed by mid-October.
Finnair Plus Platinum and Finnair Plus Lifetime members as well as oneworld Emerald cardholders may use the Aspire lounge opposite gate 27 in the Schengen area during the renovation. Guests of members are welcome to the lounge when space allows.