Lost, delayed or damaged baggage
If you’ve accidentally left a personal item with us, whether on one of our aircraft, in one of our buildings or in one of the public areas of Helsinki Airport, you can enquire about it from the Finland’s Found Property Service – just call +358 600 41 006.
- If your baggage doesn’t arrive on the same flight with you, please contact the Arrival Service desk in the arrivals hall. Delayed baggage is usually found within a few days.
- If we have been notified about your delayed baggage already on the time of your arrival, we will send you an SMS or email to inform you about the delayed baggage and the lost baggage reference number.
- You can follow the situation and provide more specific information about your baggage via the WorldTracer service. You can log in to the service by using the reference number on your lost baggage report and your last name (for example HELAY12345 and MIETTINEN).
- In case your baggage has not been found within 72 hours, it’s important that you provide us with more specific information by filling in the additional information form. Please send the form to us by email.
- As soon as we find your baggage, we’ll contact you for the delivery arrangements.
- You can find the phone number for the local Arrival Desk in your lost baggage report. Contact information in Finland: email@example.com or +358 800 988 08 (open 7 a.m.–9 p.m.).
- If you want to apply for compensation for your baggage, you should send us a written request within 21 days of receiving your baggage. You can use our feedback form to send the request. Please keep all the documents for future reference.
- If your baggage is still missing after 21 days, you can apply for compensation from your insurance company or Finnair.
- The purpose of your suitcase is to protect its contents from being damaged. Handling of baggage is performed mechanically, and the airline is not responsible for normal wear that does not affect the bag’s usability.
- Please report any other kind of damage to the airport’s Arrival Service desk. If you notice the damage later on, please send us a written notification of it by email no later than seven days after receiving the baggage. You will then be given a damage report number and further instructions.
- After completing the damage report, you can request compensation from your insurance company or Finnair. You can use our feedback form to send the request. Please keep all the documents and the damaged baggage for future reference.