Fly to Helsinki with Finnair
Treat yourself to a city break filled with adventures and fly to Helsinki with Finnair! The compact Finnish capital is filled to the brim with fantastic sights, fun events and exciting people. Why not visit the Design District, explore the Finnish sauna culture or take a trip to the Suomenlinna Sea Fortress? What’s more, during the summer you can experience the spectacular Midnight Sun!
Discover the charm of Helsinki and find your own reasons to love the city. Make the most of our fast connections and great deals – book your flights to Helsinki today!
Here are our top five reasons to visit Helsinki:
- Relax in a Finnish sauna. Experience the unique Finnish sauna either in the privacy of your hotel or by visiting one of the public saunas, like Kotiharju Sauna – the last genuine wood-heated public sauna in Helsinki.
- When in Helsinki, we recommend squeezing in some design shopping. Finland has plenty of world-famous, quality design brands to explore, such as Marimekko clothing and accessories and Iittala tableware and decorative items.
- The Suomenlinna Sea Fortress is a definite must-see all year round. This historic little island is one of seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Finland and it’s situated a mere 20-minute ferry ride from the city centre. Suomenlinna offers idyllic spots for picnics, great views across the Baltic Sea and plenty of sights for the history buff.
- New Nordic Cuisine is making waves across the culinary world. Enjoy the fresh, seasonal tastes of Finland in one of Helsinki’s many excellent restaurants, or visit the numerous organic food markets in the city centre and savour the fresh local delicacies.
- Great connections to the rest of Finland. Finnair flies to several inspiring Finnish destinations in magical Lapland, the lush Finnish Lake District, and breathtaking coastal areas. Discover the beauty of arctic Rovaniemi, friendly Kuopio and sunny Vaasa – Finland is full of adventures!