Use your points to pay for additional baggage
When travelling with Finnair, you are always entitled to at least one piece of checked baggage free of charge. However, if you would like to take more luggage with you, you can use your Finnair Plus points to pay for the additional baggage. The amount of points needed depends on whether you’re travelling in Finland, Scandinavia, Europe, or to an intercontinental destination.
|Additional baggage charges for Finnair flights|
|Flights within Finland||one piece, max. 23 kg||8,000 points|
|Flights within Northern Europe||one piece, max. 23 kg||8,000 points|
|Flights within Europe and the Middle East||one piece, max. 23 kg||12,000 points|
|Intercontinental flights||one piece, max. 23 kg||23,000 points|
See terms and conditions
- An excess-baggage voucher entitles you to one additional piece of baggage, one small piece of special baggage or one item of sports equipment (max. weight 23 kg).
- Each award voucher is valid on one Finnair flight (Finnair or Flybe aircraft, and an AY code on the ticket) in one direction.
- The award vouchers are valid for one year, if not otherwise stated.
- Unused vouchers will not be refunded.
- Award vouchers cannot be used to pay for transporting animals.
- Award vouchers cannot be used on AY8000–AY8999 flights.