Avoid the queues by checking in beforehand
When you check in for your flight online or on a mobile, or let us do it automatically for you, you can handle it whenever best suits you and avoid all unnecessary queuing at the airport.
Check-in at the airport
You can also check in at the airport using the self-service check-in kiosks or at a check-in desk at those airports that don’t yet have self-service kiosks. At Helsinki Airport it’s also possible to do the check-in and leave your baggage the previous night before your flight.
LEAVE YOUR BAGGAGE AT BAG DROP
If you have baggage to check in, you can avoid the queues by leaving your baggage at the Bag Drop desks during your flight’s check-in period.
- Below you can find the deadlines that apply for check-in. The purpose of these deadlines is to guarantee that flights can depart on time.
- You must have your boarding pass and your baggage must be checked in before the deadline.
- Make sure that you allow enough time to complete the necessary security checks at the airport, and get to your gate on time. Gate closes 15 minutes before departure.
- Online check-in is available up to 36 hours before departure. At the airport the check-in and Bag Drop open at the latest 2 hours before departure.
- At Helsinki Airport, you can check in for your flight during the previous evening before departure between 6 p.m. and 9.30 p.m.
- Check-in times may vary if your flight is operated by a partner airline; please check the corresponding airlines for correct check-in times.
|Point of departure||Destination||Check-in must be completed|
|Finland||Finland||45 minutes before departure|
|Europe||Europe||45 minutes before departure|
|Europe||Middle East||45 minutes before departure|
|Europe||Asia, North America||1 hour before departure|
|Asia, North America, Middle East||All destinations||1 hour before departure|