Travel documents and advance information required by Canada

The Canada Border Services Agency has a statutory right to receive certain information on passengers who have reservations on Finnair flights to, from and via Canada. The authorities will use this passenger information when conducting risk analysis to identify and stop potential terrorists and to prevent other threats to public safety. Passengers are informed of this at the time they make their reservations.

Children under 18 years of age

Officers of the Canadian Border Services Agency watch for missing children and may ask detailed questions about the child or children who are travelling with you. If you have legal custody of the child or if you share custody, please ensure that you carry copies of the relevant legal documents – such as custody rights – with you on your trip. If you are not the custodial parent, or are not the parent or legal guardian of the child, you must carry a letter of consent or authorization permitting you to have the child in your custody when entering Canada. A letter of consent will also facilitate entry for any one parent travelling with their child or for a child travelling alone. The letter of consent must contain contact telephone numbers for the parent or legal guardian. Without this consent, the immigration authorities may deny the child entry into the country.

The required official document


We use cookies in order to give you a better customer experience. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to the placement of cookies on your device. For more information, please see our cookies and privacy policy, as well as the terms of use of this website.